Sr. Administrative Assistant
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Under limited supervision, provides administrative, special project, operations and systems support to the head of Aesthetics Portfolio Program Management; provides administrative support for Executive Director, Portfolio Program Management and may support other staff on a limited basis. Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Aesthetics PPM department and serves as the principle point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external stakeholders/business partners.
Ensures all administrative commitments and requirements are executed in a timely manner. Will have access to confidential information and will maintain the highest level of confidentiality and exercise these principles in interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders.
Administrative support for head of Aesthetics R&D PPM (70%):
- Maintain calendar and manage schedules, appointments, determining priorities and resolve scheduling conflicts as needed, and ensuring efficient management and/or organization of meetings in collaboration with senior leadership administrators as needed.
- Manage and coordinate travel requirements and conference registrations; occasionally support travel and office arrangements visiting employees.
- Prepare expense reports, expedites, and tracks processing of all expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions.
- Manage and coordinate departmental events and meetings, including facilities and catering support as well as meeting logistics (Skype, videoconferencing, etc.).
- Support document filing and organizing as needed.
- Manage organizational charts and contact lists.
- Assist in tracking departmental budgets.
- Prepare agendas, materials, and minutes for meetings as required. Compose and prepare routine correspondence; format/edit documents as needed.
- Makes recommendations to ensure the efficient handling of administrative matters and tracks special projects/initiatives to completion.
- Exercises a high degree of diplomacy, tact, and professionalism.
Administrative support for Executive Director, PPM as requested: Manage calendars and appointments; resolve scheduling conflicts; support scheduling key meetings; manage and coordinate travel requirements; prepare and submit expense reports (10%).
Administrative support for scheduling aesthetics governance meetings; collaborate with meeting managers and with administrators to schedule meetings and resolve scheduling conflicts (10%).
Handles administrative responsibilities for the Aesthetics Project Management department (10%)
- Coordinate and schedule new hire candidate interviews; works with managers, HR, space planning, and IT during candidate screening/interview process and eventual onboarding to help ensure efficiencies and rapid onboarding of new staff.
- Coordinate department meetings, celebrations, and events.
- Assist in floorplan update and workspace coordination.
- Coordinate, process, and track office supply orders for the department
- Serves as key gatekeeper for and inquiries from other external stakeholders; field and transfer calls to appropriate internal departments.
Education and Experience
- High school degree; college graduate preferred.
- 10-12+ years of increasingly responsible administrative and secretarial experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of SAP and Aero is beneficial.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels within Allergan.
- Creative, flexible, well organized, resourceful, and proactive.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Budget tracking and management experience
- Excellent judgement in handling confidential, legal, or sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate needs, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with a high level of efficiency and little or no supervision.
- Possess team spirit, can-do attitude, and entrepreneurial style.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.