Program Manager Hybrid Hosting
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for providing leadership and oversight of Innovation/Architecture/Infrastructure (IAI) Programs. They will ensure excellence in the delivery of IT-Infrastructure Hybrid Hosting Program.
• The purpose of this position is the management of a Hybrid-Hosting Program Team with the objective of improving service capability for the Infrastructure Domain. This Program team will consist of multiple projects spanning across both AbbVie and newly acquired Allergan technologies to insure best use of current knowledge and future capability. Will have a specific focus on the Hybrid-Hosting environment which includes projects for the maintenance and expansion of Compute and storage capabilities for the AbbVie Managed Data Center environment, both On-prem and Cloud. There projects can and will include locally hosted environments to support AbbVie’s Business Technology Organizations (BTOs) and AbbVie Business functions.
• Leads Project Managers (PMs) for large and medium sized programs and partner with the Data Center Hosting Team, Engineering Management Teams, Enterprise Architecture Teams, Data Center Operations Project Owners, cross functional Infrastructure Service Teams, and other key areas in Business Technology Solutions (BTS) to ensure delivery of key programs.
• Ensure PMs are maintaining accountability and compliance with standardization and governance requirements. Manage contracts as appropriate for targeted resources required for project delivery.
• Maintain pipeline with the IAI Program Delivery Lead of key program and project manager talent to reduce staffing times on key projects.
• Lead individual projects within the program, as well as oversee activity of additional project managers also working in the program.
• Mentor and lead a team of project managers.
• Drive Program/Project Success and Completion: Understand and drive the success of the Program/Project through personal leadership. Build key relationships with stakeholders, mentor team members and demonstrate leadership at all levels.
• Program/Project Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect program/project, working with division and cross divisional management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the Program/Project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
• Executing and Closing Program/Projects: Develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Leads team in delivering Program/Project scope. Track project financials for budget adherence. Gather lessons learned and obtain final Program/Project approval from sponsor and stakeholders. Build and manage project’s work breakdown structure, milestones, risks, issues, and deliverables within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of the project.
• Program/Project Communication: Communicate progress by producing reports and Meeting Minutes to provide timely and accurate status and decision support information to Program/Project Team, Division, Cross Division and Executive management. Makes recommendations based on status to resolve issues and manage risks and issues.
• Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities. Supervises, motivates and mentor cross-functional /cross divisional Program/Project team of project managers, business analysts, developers, and validation analysts.
• Initiate and Plan Program/Project: Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on scope, definition of done, objectives, financials, and deliverables.
• Drive Continuous Improvement of Program/Project Process and Governance: Will continually examine Plans/Risks/Issues to identify gaps in communication or process, and holding team accountable for improvement, to drive proactive solutions as the Program/Project is ongoing. Escalate issues that need Permanent Process changes.
• Quality Management: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• Self-starter who has demonstrated effective decision making.
• Will work with a matrixed team, and possibly multiple vendors.
• Performs a variety of tasks as defined.
• Will lead and direct the work of others.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 years experience or Master's degree and 7 years experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Project Management, or related discipline.
• Proven track record of Financial and Risk Management in IT Program/Projects greater than 10 Million dollars.
• Strong leadership competence, with proven skills in managing change.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to build consensus and develop solid relationships.
• Experience with Organization Change Management in cultural, organizational, technology and business process change efforts.
• Proven communication skills; both written and verbal with technical and non-technical staff.
• Proven ability to foster senior executive interactions, given the high degrees of strategic impact, change, project complexity.
• Demonstrated experience in managing several large enterprise programs of various types.
• Demonstrated career progression from business systems analysis to Project Management to Program Management.
• Demonstrated experience in large programs/projects in Data Center relocation/Maintenance/capability expansion. Detailed understanding on hosting virtual and cloud. Detailed understanding of modern digital storage systems and their deployment. Understanding of digital networks and digital backup systems.
• Demonstrated experience with managing End User Experience expectations.
• 3 years of experience with Business Analysis.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing projects.
• Additional 5 years of experience with Program Management.
• Experience with multiple PPM tools.
• Management experience of at least 5 direct reports.
• Individual must be able to work full time; will initially work in a remote setting, with transition to on-site in Lake County, at a future date to-be-determined by manager.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management, Computer Information Systems, etc.
• Certification in Organizational Change Management.
• Certification in Project Management (PMP).
• Certification in Program Management (PgMP).
• Experience with Clarity PPM tool.
• Experience in a highly regulated industry (preferable Pharmaceutical) with an understanding of quality processes and guidelines.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.