Tax Technology Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Tax Technology Manager
The Tax Technology Manager will join a global Tax team supporting all aspects of the Tax function at AbbVie, including global direct and indirect tax processes. This is a key role, providing leadership opportunities in setting tax technology strategy, driving the integration of tax technology and automation across operational processes within Corporate Tax. This highly visible position will include actively partnering with other AbbVie Business Technology Solutions, Finance and Operations functions. Tremendous learning opportunities are available for a candidate who is proactive, independent and agile.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Evaluating tax operational processes and identifying opportunities for automation and technology solutions.
- Leading daily aspects of integration and implementation of tax technology and data management solutions across the Corporate Tax function, including tax planning, compliance and reporting (e.g., ASC 740, SOX, Transfer Pricing, Sales and Use Tax).
- Maximize utilization of implemented Tax Technology Solutions that includes associated process design and leading change management/training programs across Corporate Tax and other impacted functions.
- Provide expertise in configuring and maintaining ERP connected tax applications like Longview and Corptax. Be able to resolve technical issues and where required delegate to the appropriate resources.
- Collaborating with Finance and Operations functions to align data flow requirements and to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in meeting global reporting and compliance obligations.
- Leading large-scale projects through strong project management skills and in depth of understanding of Tax and Finance functions.
- Effectively communicating with senior leadership, outside auditors, external advisors and other key stakeholders.
- Actively monitoring technology developments to ensure the delivery of fit-for-purpose solutions within set time frames.
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Computer Sciences.
- Experience with financial accounting and related processes. CPA certification welcomed but not required.
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility in a publicly-traded corporation or public accounting firm.
- Operational experience with tax and finance technology solutions, including ERP systems.
- Broad understanding of corporate tax law and US GAAP accounting under ASC 740.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with both tax and non-tax audiences.
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic individual, able to work well independently and in a team.
- Experienced in leading change management initiatives and providing training to various levels of tax professionals.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.