Medical Outcomes and Science Liaison, Dallas (TX, OK)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Medical Outcomes and Science Liaison (MOSL) is a field-based scientific expert within the US Medical Affairs Value & Access team who uses clinical expertise and experience/ knowledge of managed care, health policy, and pharmacoeconomics to support AbbVie’s scientific strategy across the entire product portfolio and relevant therapeutic areas. The MOSL engages in peer to peer scientific and health economic discussions with external health care access decision makers (HCDMs) and influencers within US public and private health care entities, including but not limited to, managed care organizations (MCOs), specialty pharmacy providers (SPPs), pharmaceutical benefit managers (PBMs), integrated delivery networks (IDNs), accountable care organizations (ACOs), employers and employee health benefits consultants (EHBCs), within his/her assigned geography. The MOSL identifies and builds strong relationships with key HCDM customers and serves as the primary medical liaison between AbbVie and the customer.
- The MOSL seeks to proactively identify and work with internal and external partners to help advance AbbVie’s field scientific strategies across the entire AbbVie product portfolio. Relationship development and account management. Identification of key HCDMs within an account.
- Tailored communication of scientific, health outcomes, and health policy information to a varied audience. Maintain and continually enhance clinical, scientific, and current healthcare landscape expertise.
- Communicate and report data point observations.
- Ability to identify and develop scientific opportunities across all managed markets stakeholders within assigned geography.
- Integrate with Global Medical Affairs, US Market Access, Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research, and other internal stakeholders as appropriate and as identified through Value & Access leadership. Exhibits peer leadership among internal field medical stakeholders in account management.
- Identify, anticipate and address population level scientific, outcomes research, and health policy needs of customers becoming the trusted scientific advisor while leveraging internal and external resources to meet customer needs, as appropriate.
- Provide clinical and health economic support, including analysis and appraisal of health technology assessments, to healthcare access decision makers and influencers for AbbVie's Therapeutic Areas, new products, new/updated indications and marketed products.
- Solutions -oriented; Contribute, as needed, to create, innovative strategies to address specific customer clinical outcomes and health economic questions and needs that align with the core medical affairs strategies.
- Participate in various therapeutic advisory activities involving both marketed and investigational products, spanning the full product life-cycle, partnering with HCDMs across all channels within managed markets and participate in other strategic initiatives as identified through Value & Access.
- Advanced degree required, preferably M.D., D.O., Pharm.D. or Ph.D.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a Managed Care/PBM, VA/DoD, CMS, State Medicaid, health care consulting, pharmaceutical industry or related environment preferred. Completion of relevant Residency or Fellowship programs may be considered in lieu of some work experience. Account management experience in a commercial or clinical setting is preferred.
- Required skills include: strong scientific acumen, impactful communication skills, active listening skills, networking, relationship development, lead/influence without authority, business analysis skills, advanced technical expertise and business analysis skills, critical thinking, innovative problem solving skills and negotiation skills.
- An essential requirement of the position is to meet health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in the assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.