Oncology Account Executive - Orange County/Las Vegas
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Perform all aspects of account management, including developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with corporate/senior management staff in key accounts with the goal of establishing multi-level relationships to increase representative access, develop new business, maximize resource utilization, and increase sales and market share of the assigned product.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with internal teams to manage and identify key target account opportunities. Develop product strategies to fully and consistently penetrate these accounts.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction regarding target accounts to regional and district teams.
- Advise sales and marketing management with appropriate direction on challenges and opportunities within key target accounts. Analyze and supports channel specific training needs within the Region.
- Develop an annual business plan with goals and objectives to increase sales volume and market share in target accounts across all FDA approved indications. Routinely identify local opportunities and threats and develop/modify business plans accordingly. Anticipate change and take proactive measures to address.
- Understand and effectively utilize a broad range of financial and quantitative data and analyses. Assess business impact of target account opportunities to include overall profitability and impact on sales.
- Partner with Field Sales Managers to evaluate and penetrate non-retail account drivers within MSAs.
- Drive target account volume and share growth through detailed analysis, providing recommendations and driving execution and pull through of District Managers and representatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 2 years sales or account management experience.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years hematology/ oncology experience
- Demonstrated ability to network and partner effectively across functional areas.
- Excellent organizational/project management and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven of managing multiple stakeholders in complex environments
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.