National Account Manager, US Market Access
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
* Position can sit anywhere in the US*
The Managed Care Account Executive III role manages work within targeted accounts while also leading alignment and best practices across multiple geographies through account and sales strategies. Responsible for US Commercial product portfolio in the National FFS Medicaid Channel. Establish products on customer formularies, or on contract in an advantageous and/or parity position or establish support from customer regional representatives to national formulary committees for national contracts/formulary access by selling product benefits. Manage pull through sales and management of all customer accounts and in partnership with Account Managers across the Country. Establish and develop high-level business relationships with executive management and key decision-makers at customer accounts; acts as an expert in business trends and account management practice for the Area/Country. Enhance the image of US Commercial as a pharmaceutical industry leader in the development and supply of high quality and cost- effective products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Seeks out and shares knowledge and best practices beyond assigned accounts and geography, with Franchise partners, and with external stakeholders. Translates insights into applied strategies to affect change both internally and externally that drive how we operate as a function and set new standards for our practice that deliver tangible results.
- Subject matter expert to all internal/external customers beyond the scope of assigned geography. Demonstrates a complete understanding of client tools, products and disease state knowledge for impactful use with customers and acts as a leader, advisor/expert to field and Headquarters team members.
- Applies financial knowledge to be a resource and mentor in development of programs and or contracts; incorporates advanced financial/business knowledge to create case studies for Account Executive peers. Partners across channels, franchises and/or with national level account managers to identify partnering and program opportunities; addresses gaps and/or problems through defined action plans that have regional and potentially national impact.
- Draws on experience from other geographic areas and industries to create and manage CBSA opportunities through collaboration. Creates CBSA plans and strategies that can be replicated by other Account Executives.
- Acts as a consultant in emerging market channels and with new stakeholders. Rapidly evaluates new opportunities, identifies short and long-term implications and defines plans that achieve business goals. Consistently and independently takes a leadership role/defines accountability for broader geographic success; align teams around common goals and sets plans to achieve objectives.
- Leads identification and design/adaptation of initiatives through analysis of data (quantitative and qualitative); recommend solutions to benefit the broader organization. Drives implementation and communication across HSE, Managed Care/Payor team to align efforts and define innovative account management approaches.
- Leverages subject matter expertise: onboards new members and acts as a peer mentor to increase skills and capabilities of the team. Leads committees/task forces and represents Abbott on local, regional and national levels. Acts as a consultant and mentor in conveying key learnings and opportunities.
- Provides leadership and expertise to Field Sales (RMs and DMs) and Marketing teams for CBSA plan execution. Leverages experience to optimize sales through best use of resources. Develops pilot programs and shares results with counterparts; works as a consultant to replicate successful programs in other geographies.
- Builds upon and maintains established customer relationships that are active partnerships; is consistently seen as a competitive advantage to the customer, key source of programs and solutions that drive the business for the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ years sales management (District Manager or Regional Manager preferred).
- Account management and/or marketing experience in a healthcare or related business.
- Proven track record of operating effectively in a large, complex geography and influencing diverse stakeholders to achieve results.
- 2+ years experience in account management within Medicaid environment strongly preferred.
- Strong business acumen; analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define account/contracting strategies that drive business objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to maintain product pricing structure and market share through forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with AbbVie and customer objectives.
- Effectively demonstrate leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority. Has experience with successfully leading diverse teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.