Description of Duties:
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and cash postings.
- Prepare journal entries and assist in account reconciliations.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll through ADP, including reporting and compliance.
- Maintain inventory standard costs and ensure proper reporting and valuation.
- Track and prepare State & Local business tax returns (e. g. Franchise, Property, Sales & Use).
- Help ensure that internal controls are operating as designed (SOX).
- Respond to internal and external audit requests, as required.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in biotech/manufacturing environment with product costing experience.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and experience with SEC regulations.
- Accounting ERP system experience, preferably QAD.
- Experience using ADP or similar payroll system and Concur.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to simultaneously research discrepancies and solve problems.
- CPA certification preferred and public accounting experience a plus.