AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Supervisor, Consolidations and Reporting, reports to the Manager, Consolidations and Reporting, and is primarily responsible for assisting in preparing the monthly consolidation of AbbVie's financial results and the accurate and timely internal reporting of AbbVie’s consolidated balance sheet and cash flow statement on a monthly basis. Additionally, this role assists the Manager, Consolidations and Reporting, in the coordination of quarterly Organizational Balance Sheet Reviews and the maintenance of required templates.
The primary responsibilities of the Supervisor, Consolidations and Reporting, include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately execute assigned monthly close responsibilities which may include the preparation of SAP and HFM journal entries and the preparation of various balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline.
- Assisting in Manager, Consolidations and Reporting, in executing the consolidated monthly intercompany process. This includes the creation and distribution of the out-of-balance reports, providing guidance to Finance Shared Services as they investigate out of balances along with assisting in researching and resolving exceptions.
- Assisting in the preparation of AbbVie’s consolidated balance sheet and cash flow reports on a monthly basis. This includes, among other things, preparing manual cash flow entries for posting in HFM, assisting in the review of various web forms utilized to collect cash flow data, and working with organizational financial management to understand significant balance sheet variances vs Plan/Update and vs Prior Year, performing supplemental balance sheet analysis and drafting accurate and informative commentary for inclusion in the consolidated balance sheet report.
- Collaborate with internal customers to ensure HFM web form data is accurately captured in the consolidated cash flow statement. As discrepancies arise, develop, propose and implement solutions timely.
- Prepare and deliver quarterly rebate tie out and flux analysis to the Assistant Controller.
- Assisting the Manager, Consolidations and Reporting, in the coordination of quarterly Organizational Balance Sheet Reviews and the maintenance of required templates. Responsibilities will include assisting in the implementation and maintenance of the Organizational balance sheet review templates into Workiva, collaboration tool utilized for internal reporting, along with conducting training sessions for end-users.
- Working with AbbVie’s internal and external auditors for audit and accounting-related requirements including assisting in the preparation of various consolidated balance sheet analyses.
- Performing ad hoc financial reporting and analysis and assisting with special projects or initiatives, as assigned, which vary based on AbbVie’s business transactions and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience required in accounting or finance roles. Prior experience in a consolidations or corporate accounting role a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP, HFM and Workiva systems and functionality.
- Working knowledge of TM1, Blackline and strong Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet tight timelines and balance competing priorities and customer/stakeholder demands.
- Attention to detail and accuracy and a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.