Manufacturing Technician II - Compounding - B2 shift
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for compounding high-quality solutions, semi-solids, emulsions, and suspensions in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Main Areas of Responsibilities
• Accurate formulation of products.
• Stage, load, operate, and monitor all equipment for product formulations.
• Weighing and mixing chemicals according to specific formulas.
• Calibrate, operate, and monitor all formulation-related equipment (e.g., mixers, scales, meters, etc.).
• Perform operations necessary to adjust the pH of product for in-process testing.
• Clean, steam, and sanitizes all tanks, lines, facilities, equipment and chemical containers used in the product formulation process in accordance with current SOP’s and cGMP’s.
• Accurately complete documents and record production volumes (batches) in compliance with current GDP standards.
• Assumes other duties and responsibilities, as necessary, within the Compounding department, in an effort to provide the required support to ensure adherence to the production schedule.
• At least two (2) years related work experience, preferably in a high-speed production or manufacturing environment.
• Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
• Basic user knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP experience preferred.
• Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
• Ability to perform detailed tasks and document activities completely and accurately.
• Ability to think and plan in a logical sequential order.
• Able to work in a controlled environment that includes surgical mask and goggles.
• Ability to comply with gowning validation and subsequent gowning verifications.
• Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required dependent on business needs.
• Capable of standing for long periods of time. Capable of using hands to feel objects, use tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
• Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
• Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
• Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
• Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
• Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Associates degree preferred with coursework in the Sciences.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.