District Manager, Neuro/Uro - Wisconsin
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Neurosciences Area Manager is responsible for all customer and sales accountabilities for a geographic region for approved indications for BOTOX® in the private practice and community based clinic sectors as well as the individual management and development of eight to ten Neuroscience Sales Specialists (NSS). Area Managers ensure region sales, marketing plan execution, employee hiring, training, development, legal compliance and expense management are maintained as per guidance. The Area Manager effectively and appropriately utilizes resources, promotional or other, when required and appropriate to maximize the effectiveness to the customer. The Area Manager also conducts meetings, conference calls and co-travels as required, to communicate or meet business objectives.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required, MBA Preferred
- Minimum of eight years total business experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology
- At least three to five years successful neurology sales experience, preferred
- Minimum of five years successful consultative sales experience with high reimbursement components, and three years management experience with high reimbursement components preferred
- Experience with physician administered injectables preferred within a buy & bill Medicare Part B/Medical benefit environment or other comparable reimbursement experiences
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory compliance requirements related to the Pharma/Biotech
- Market Planning/strategy development experience and the ability to execute key strategies
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Supervisory/Management experience. Ability to effectively lead team to achieve consistent sales performance in the region
- Superior leadership qualities and superior business acumen
- Ability to effectively coach and develop others using strong analytical, decision making and results orientation skills
- Ability to travel
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with many diverse customers and employees
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers
- Excellent presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences
- Superior organization and project management skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.