Sr. Finance Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the financial planning and analysis with respect to Actual, Plan, Update, LBE, LRP and various analyses to support the day-to-day operations and strategic plans for BTS Commercial organizations.
- Responsible for the planning process for BTS Commercial organizations, including Plan/Update/LRP/LBE.
- Analyze monthly actual financials including comparisons against Plan/Update to highlight risks and opportunities.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly close activities. Prepare key management reports (including monthly actuals) emphasizing historical results, budgets, forecasts and trends.
- Review and analyze capital expenditures and projects..
- Meet all financial reporting requirements for the Business Group, BTS HQ and Corporate. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and business policies and procedures.
- Interact with all levels of management including BTS VPs, Directors, and Managers, BTS FP&A, and Accounting COE.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested by management or by a functional area.
- Participate on project teams as required.
- Serve as collaborative business partner to the supported areas and help to identify and drive process development and improvements within the organization.
- Report to FP&A Sr. Manager, BTS.
- B.A/B.S Degree in Finance
- 6-8 years FP&A or Financial reporting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- SAP General Ledger and SRM experience
- IBM Cognos TM1 experience
- MBA/CPA a plus
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Strong set of analytical skills; high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet tight timelines and balance workload/multiple projects.
- Build effective relationships with peers and cross functionally with business partners to enable higher performance.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Quick learner and grasps the “essence”; can change course quickly when needed.
- Continually seeks process improvements; challenges the status quo.
- Able to connect unrelated concepts, generates original or unique ideas.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- VP of Commercial BTS
- Sr. Director, Commercial BTS
- FP&A Finance Lead, FP&A Sr. Manager and BTS Controller
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.