National Sales Manager, Federal/Kaiser
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Contribute to strategic and tactical development of sales support initiatives for the franchise.
- Build and develop analytic tools that will support both the in-field teams as well as tools that will support strategic planning at the national level, for both in-house and field use.
- Assess monthly National, Regional and territory performance trends and propose strategic selling initiatives to identify strategic performance opportunities, sales force best practices and create franchise wide sales initiatives to improve sales execution and performance.
- Work with Sales Ops/MABI to collect and compile monthly franchise sales execution and performance reports (segmentation, launch execution, FFE tool and competitive analyses) to
- Lead analysis and application of sales operations needs for the sales force, including coordination with sales management and sales operations to help field business understanding and strategic execution.
- Gather, organize and communicate monthly Q&I reports (TAR and PDR) to the Regional Directors.
- Coordinate franchise sales training program including analysis and development of training opportunities and coordination with Sales Training, Marketing and Sales Managers to develop and implement training initiatives.
- Clarify and integrate marketing strategies into Sales Training, both at ISTC and sales meetings throughout the year (NSM, RMDM, Regional and District sales meetings), with the purpose of enhancing In-field sales force execution and effectiveness.
- Identify field tactical and strategic field opportunities to create and implement all necessary sales tools and programs to optimize field execution and relieve administrative burden.
- Coordinate and build sales leadership presentations for timely field touchpoints (Quarterly updates, National and Regional sales meetings, and internal senior leadership reviews).
- Develop, implement, and execute the franchise sales force communication plan, compiling sales leadership, marketing, and CA&O feedback to create an informative and functional cadence for the field.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of sales support functions, including sales analytics, sales diagnostics, Q&I monthly reports, strategic selling strategy and field sales communications.
- Lead and manage the process of developing and implementing sales force incentive programs for both on-going and ad hoc incentive programs. Facilitate coordination between Sales Management, Marketing, Sales Reporting, Commercial Analytics and Quotas and Incentives.
- Work cross functionally with NSM peers, Sales Management, Marketing and various AbbVie sales support organizations to create, implement and optimize all necessary field initiatives.
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- 10+ years of sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in progressive commercial leadership roles.
- Preferably 5+ years of operational experience, including launch experience.
- At least 2-4 years of leadership role in sales, marketing, or operations within the Pharma/biotech organization. Sales leadership preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- U.S. Commercial experience required working within highly matrixed organizations and cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage a complex set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong executive presence and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills required.
- Functional knowledge of the markets, disease states and products.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence”, and can change course quickly when necessary.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions, and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation, and manages innovation to reality.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and presentation skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.