Associate Scientist/ Scientist, Biology
RayzeBio is a dynamic biotechnology company headquartered in San Diego, CA. Having raised $150M in 2020 from an elite group of healthcare investors, the company is focused on improving survival of people with cancer by harnessing the power of targeted radioisotopes. RayzeBio is developing innovative drugs against targets of solid tumors. Led by a successful and experienced entrepreneurial team, RayzeBio aims to be the global leader in radiopharmaceuticals.
We are seeking highly motivated Associate Scientists/Scientist. Position requires strong experimental experience with cell culture, flow cytometry, and cell-based or biochemical assay development. Candidate will be an integral part of the biology group and will help bridge the biology and chemistry teams to advance programs from early lead molecules to clinical drug candidate nomination.
- BS or master’s in biology, Cellular or Molecular Biology, or Chemistry/Biochemistry.
- 2 or more years cancer biology or drug discovery experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, or in an academic drug discovery setting
- Direct experience with tissue culture techniques and cell banking
- Technical skills include extensive experience in general molecular and cell biology methods, primary human and / or mouse tissue culture, cell separation / expansion and immunological techniques (especially multi-parameter flow cytometry) and cell-based assays
- Present at meetings to provide timely input to progress the programs forward
- Maintain inventory and detailed records in a lab notebook
Project Management Assistance (~30%):
- Direct experience in interacting with Contracted Research Organizations is highly preferred.
- Implement study design and assist with managing in vivo for pharmacological characterization of drug candidates conducted by CROs
- Experience in working cross-functions and collaborating with multiple departments within the company and outside vendors.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PDF, GraphPad prism.
- Ability to work independently, excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated drive and commitment for scientific excellence. Ability to think critically and creatively to identify and solve scientific problems.