Associate Scientist – Compound Management
RayzeBio is a dynamic biotechnology company headquartered in San Diego, CA. Having raised $150M in 2020 from an elite group of healthcare investors, the company is focused on improving survival of people with cancer by harnessing the power of targeted radioisotopes. We believe the field of radiopharmaceuticals is an important, yet largely untapped, therapeutic modality in oncology. Leveraging macrocyclic peptide-mimetic conjugates which bind tumor cell specific receptors with exquisite affinity and specificity, we will deliver radioisotopes which emit alpha particles thus harnessing the power of targeted radiotherapy. Led by a successful and experienced entrepreneurial team, RayzeBio aims to be the global leader in radiopharmaceuticals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced compound management associate to register, weigh, store, maintain, and distribute compounds. The primary function of this position will be the management of our compound inventory. The ideal candidates will improve processes, add automation and provide training and guidance to scientists to continually improve the environment and systems. Work with vendors and CROs to procure, track, register and process samples to support internal and external studies. The successful candidate will work closely with in-house chemistry and biology teams to ensure all compound needs are met. Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a cooperative, service-oriented position.
• Familiarity with chemical or biological information systems, database querying, and/or data analysis preferred.
• Hands on experience within compound management, high throughput screening, or a related field with an excellent understating of underlying processes.
• Good understanding of chemical structure formats (SMILES, MOL files, etc.) and experience operating, programming, and troubleshooting instrumentation.
• Familiarity with Titian Mosaic and/or CDD Vault is a plus.
• BS/MS with 3-6 years industry experience
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment