Director Information Technology
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven expert to oversee the management, strategy and execution of Alkahest’s IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will have significant experience in managing the support of a high growth company and developing the necessary policies and procedures, ensuring the implementation of a robust and compliant environment.
This role will be responsible for the forecasting and budgeting of all IT resources and will coordinate the activities of external consulting resources to achieve our goals. In addition to managing the deployment of general and domain specific software, this role will also interface with a portfolio of SAAS platforms required for Alkahest’s operations.
Alkahest is now part of the Grifols organization and there will be a need for enterprise level coordination as well as global support of tools and data. Furthermore, Alkahest conducts clinical trials both domestically and abroad and this role will be instrumental in ensuring the technical measures have been implemented to meet or exceed regulatory requirements for each jurisdiction.
The Director of IT will report to the Chief Business Officer. The role is based at Alkahest headquarters in San Carlos, CA.
- Define and execute a strategic information systems vision advancing our core scientific understandings that support the clinical advancement of therapeutics
- Develop written policies and procedures in accordance with standard business continuity practices as well as regulatory compliance
- Manage a team of IT consultants
- Collaborate with and guide leadership and external partners to design and prioritize information system projects
- Develop deep partnerships with Alkahest scientists to support cutting edge research and analysis
- Strong interface with Informatics and Data Sciences, ensuring a robust and well documented compute environment
- Regularly communicate initiatives with affected teams and the company as a whole
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field or equivalent industrial certification
- 8+ years of relevant experience, e.g., IT Engineer/Manager, preferably in the context of a biotech company
- Extensive experience with desktop support in a heterogeneous environment (Windows and Mac OS)
- Extensive experience with networking, including security and privacy
- Experience with virtualization. VMware experience is a plus
- Experience implementing, testing and maintaining data backup and recovery procedures
- Familiarity with Linux. Extensive experience with Linux is a strong plus
- Experience with cloud-based IT infrastructure such as AWS
- Experience in technology risk assessment and management
- Experience in developing and implementing IT procedures and/or policies in some form of regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, HIPAA or FDA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a highly diverse cross-discipline environment.
- Ability to respectfully and effectively interact with non-technical as well as technical staff
- Familiarity with recent data privacy developments, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)