Postdoctoral Associate - CNS Discovery
Alkahest is developing novel therapeutic approaches to target diseases of aging via modulation of the plasma proteome. We are seeking an in vivo biology expert who is excited to explore, develop, and validate new models to drive the screening and evaluation of therapeutic candidates for indications impacted by aging, including cognition, and disorders of the nervous system.
The Postdoctoral Associate will be a part of Alkahest’s CNS Discovery Group and will work with a scientist mentor to develop an independent research project to address a novel scientific question. The successful candidate will also collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of Preclinical Scientists and Research Associates to drive parallel projects to accelerate our therapeutic pipeline.
This is a unique opportunity that provides industry experience in a preclinical R&D setting with the potential to impact the selection of drug development candidates on our discovery platform and inform indication selection. As part of an emerging biotech company, this role offers broad exposure across Alkahest’s therapeutic pipeline with potential to collaborate and interact with Omics, data science, translational, and clinical teams. The candidate should be an independent and creative researcher passionate about building a platform to elucidate mechanisms of aging diseases, including neurodegeneration, neuroinflammation, and blood brain barrier dysfunction. The position consists of two years of innovative research with the potential to transition into a Scientist role at Alkahest. The Postdoc will also have the opportunity to mentor junior associates, present at external conferences, and publish high-impact research. This role requires dedication to scientific rigor, flexibility without compromising productivity, exceptional communication, and organization.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating, developing, and establishing new methods, models, and technologies for screening and validation of therapeutic candidates
- Designing, executing, and analyzing rodent in vivo experiments, both independently and with scientists across several disciplines
- Assuming ownership of key projects and making decisions on research strategy based on critical evaluation of data
- Communicating results internally with colleagues and supervisors through oral updates and written reports, as well as externally, through conferences and publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Maintaining a detailed record of all research avenues pursued and familiarity with current scientific literature
- PhD degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to Biomedical Research, Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or Neuroscience
- Expertise with rodent behavior, histology, cognitive assays, and/or mouse models of neuroinflammation
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry, biochemical and/or molecular techniques
- Must be collaborative across scientific disciplines and have excellent interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are necessary
- Must have a record of independent research, analytical thinking, and multiple peer-reviewed publications
Apply today. We'd love to meet you!