Senior Manager, Payer Marketing
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women's health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of US Market Access, Senior Manager, Payer Marketing. The position is field based and will report to the Sr. Director, Market Access Marketing. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Sr. Manager of Payer Marketing will be responsible for executing commercialization strategies that support the market access in women's health and prostate cancer. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional team members, including Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Market Access leadership help with the development and lead the execution of payer marketing strategies and tactical plans to successfully launch two major products in the US including value proposition creation, payer promotion, publication planning, training and pull through as well as providing input on the pricing and contracting strategy for each indication.
- Partner with the brand marketing team to deliver tactics that provide rapid, broad, and profitable access.
- Lead execution with the Market Access National Account and Corporate Account Teams on tactical plans aligned to organizational and brand strategies. Be a valued partner that actively solicits input and provides valuable feedback.
- Hire and manage advertising payer agency partners and other vendors.
- Participate in development of product branding, launch campaign and tactics for payer customers.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Commercial Operations to ensure alignment of Myovant's US commercialization strategy and plans.
- Partner with Business Analytics on the delivery of market insights that inform payer customer strategies, tactics and product forecasts.
- Work with National Account Team team to deliver access, revenue and share goals in conjunction with sales organization while continuously assessing performance metrics and adjusting strategies and plans to achieve.
- Build and optimally manage payer promotion budget to balance goals of optimizing return on investment and driving launch performance.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience developing and executing payer strategies.
- Proven ability to differentiate value with payers with traditional and specialty products and to deliver against aggressive commercial goals.
- Working knowledge of current US pricing environment and dynamics, including prevailing payers and their formulary tactics, and patient savings offers and access programs.
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, responsibly managing marketing budgets.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Highly skilled in partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated partnership with PRC/MLR to ensure compliance of delivered tactics
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
- History of effectively partnering with agencies to realize the best of their abilities
- Strong track record of project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence senior leaders.
- BA or BS, advanced degree preferred (MBA, PhD, PharmD)
- 8 years progressive responsibility across key biopharmaceutical commercial functions such as marketing, commercial operations, market access and/or sales, with minimum of 4 years of experience in payer/access marketing roles
- Specialty experience, including oncology, preferred.
- Launch experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity