Manager, Accounts Payable (SM21-265)
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking a Manager, Accounts Payable to join its growing biotherapeutics team at its South San Francisco headquarters. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing all aspects of accounts payable using the NetSuite procure to pay process. This position will provide full-cycle Accounts Payable support while applying general accounting knowledge and performing tasks with excellent attention-to-details in order to support the current operations and growth of our organization.
Responsibilities for this role include purchase order creation, vendor maintenance, vendor invoice and payment processing. Qualified candidates must have the ability to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Candidates must have strong attention to detail, be detail oriented, be able to prioritize workstreams, possess problem solving and time management skills and be able to adhere to deadlines. The successful candidate must also have excellent communication skills as this role interacts with all departments of the organization.ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel protease medicines to address important unmet medical needs in patients with complement related and rare bleeding disorders. We have a versatile protease engineering platform that feeds our research and development pipeline, and this position provides an opportunity to be exposed to the full value chain from early discovery to late-stage clinical trials. To succeed in this role, we expect you to bring an innovative mindset, scientific curiosity, a lot of energy and pragmatism. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.Responsibilities
- Work to capture financial commitments for fully executed contract to establish payment schedules, milestones, assign GL class and department codes to a purchase order.
- Coordinate the processing of invoices for payment, including 3-way matching, account coding, data entry and required approvals within accounting system (NetSuite).
- Coordinate maintenance of the contract database for all fully executed contracts, NDAs and CDAs.
- Self-assess use tax on purchases in accordance with California sales/use tax regulations. submit quarterly returns.
- Provide customer service and support to internal departments and vendors with respect to various accounts payable inquiries.
- Coordinate the creation of purchase orders from fully executed contracts, in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain the vendor master file within NetSuite AP module via workflow.
- Monitor the accounts payable inbox for fully executed contracts, purchase order requests, invoices, and related correspondence with the objective of keeping the inbox current.
- Weekly payment processing via check, ACH and wire payments.
- Maintain the 1099 data for vendors file annually.
- Support external and internal Audit processes.
- Reconcile accounts payable and related balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in AP close process as part of larger financial period close process.
**Title and level to commensurate with education and experience.Requirements
- Minimum, 5 years Accounts Payable experience (preferably in life sciences)
- NetSuite Experience
- Experience in working within a SOX control environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; capable of providing efficient, timely and effective customer service to a wide range of internal customers.
- Proven and collaborative organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Capable of accurately applying general knowledge of accounting/financial policies and procedures when responding to written and verbal inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be a team-player, self-starter, and able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with California sales/use tax, W-9 and 1099 reporting
- Demonstrated planning, prioritization skills and successful execution abilities.