Senior Scientist, In-Vivo
BioSpace has been engaged to help our client, a South San Francisco therapeutics company to hire a Senior Scientist with a track record in drug discovery, including the characterization of disease-relevant pathways and pharmacological activity of novel molecules in preclinical disease models.
In this role you will:
- Oversee and run the In Vivo team, strategy for in vivo models (focusing on pharmacodynamic activity and translation to disease-relevant efficacy)
- Lead and develop a team of 6, from mentorship to project guidance
- Lead projects; from project design to IND submission
- Present results to executive team
- Ph.D. with 3+ years of scientific industry experience or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with >10 years in post-graduate work (at least 3 years industry experience). Degree in Pharmacology, Physiology, Cancer Biology, Developmental Biology or a related field is essential.
- In-depth expertise with validation and execution of in vivo disease models with a preference for experience with in vivo models of ocular disease.
- Evidence of independent scientific ability (g.,post-doctoral training) and a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications, patents, and invited presentations.
- Experience with quantitative PCR and protein-based methods in tissue samples as well as immunohistochemistry.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Track record of managing, developing, and mentoring junior scientists and research associates.
- Creativity and the ability to lead and/or work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones.
- Robust experimental design and troubleshooting skills, and excellent data analysis/mining/statistics capabilities.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of junior research staff and supporting personal and professional development of team members.
- Industry experience ranging from early discovery, target identification, lead optimization, translational pharmacology, to IND submission