Principal Scientist, Immunology
Founded in 2017 within Flagship Labs, Cellarity’s new approach to drug discovery is based on the computational modeling of cell behavior, leading to a more complete understanding of system and network biology to uncover cell-behavior-targeted medicines for a wide variety of diseases. Cellarity recently raised $123 million in Series B financing. The round included contributions from funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, The Baupost Group, Banque Pictet on behalf of their clients and eight other investors alongside Flagship Pioneering.
Cellarity is generating unprecedented biological insights by combining its unique expertise in network biology, high-resolution data, and machine learning. The result is a new understanding of the cell’s trajectory from health to disease, and how cells relate to one another in tissues. Because the cell and its network of transcripts and proteins offer a more complete view of the complexity of human biology than any individual molecular target, Cellarity’s approach allows for more efficient drug discovery and is designed to drive higher rates of clinical success. Already, the company has seven drug discovery programs underway in diverse therapeutic areas that range from metabolic disease to immuno-oncology.
The successful Series B financing round validates the strength of Cellarity’s science and its potential to redefine drug discovery through its cell-centric approach.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Principal Scientist to join the Immunology-Oncology arm of our Disease Exploration team. The candidate will be responsible for identification and initiation of immune-oncology exploratory programs and the transition of programs into drug discovery and development. The successful candidate will work closely with our machine learning and data scientists, sequencing/technology team and drug discovery team to initiate and develop programs. They will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and matrixed team environment. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be open minded and goal-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the discovery and preclinical development of immune therapeutics
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of immunology, cell biology, and/or genetics
- Broad experience in assessing innate (myeloid) and/or acquired (T cell) immune cell function, differentiation, immune cell trafficking, and tissue/tumor microenvironment
- Prior experience working with or leading collaborations with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations/
- Experience in mentoring and/or leading Ph.D. level and non-Ph.D. level scientists
- Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Ph.D. with 6+ years of relevant post-Ph.D. experience in Biotech/Pharma
- Identify and characterize immune cell behaviors that show efficacy against cancer progression.
- Develop and characterize in vitro and in vivo immune-oncology models.
- Drive discovery of new immune-oncology therapeutic targets.
- Contribute to building a world-class immunology team.
- Write and contribute to intellectual property, study reports, regulatory filings, and scientific presentations
- Present at group, company, and external meetings/conferences
- Contribute to a dynamic and exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation