Scientist/Sr. Scientist, iPSC
Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist/Sr Scientist with expertise in human ESC/iPSC culture and differentiation to establish iPSC-based disease modeling capabilities to support novel drug discovery approaches based on cell behavior. The candidate will join the innovative Disease Exploration Team to develop robust disease models using iPSCs to test data-driven hypotheses to uncover new disease mechanisms and validate therapeutic interventions. The successful candidate will work in a cross-functional and dynamic environment to initiate and support new therapeutic programs and contribute to the development of Cellarity’s AI-based drug discovery platform. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills, be excited to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Establish protocols for directed differentiation of human pluripotent cells to model a variety of cell types and diseases
- Develop iPSC disease models by reprogramming patient primary cells or introducing disease-driver mutations using Crispr-Cas9 technology
- Work closely with Cellarity’s AI and Technology teams to validate disease models and test novel therapeutic approaches based on cell behavior
- Identify new strategies and methodologies to model disease-driving cell behavior using iPSC
- Work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development
- Design, perform, analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at company meetings
- PhD in biology or related field, with 0-3 years of relevant industry experience, or MSc with a minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Deep knowledge of human pluripotent stem cell culture, characterization, and QC
- Proven expertise in developing and optimizing human ESC/iPSC differentiation protocols and functional readouts
- Experience with iPSC reprogramming techniques
- Proven hands-on experience with a variety cell-based and molecular biology readout technologies, such as FACS, qPCR, Nanostring, ELISA, high-content and confocal imaging
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- The candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills, be highly organized and demonstrate curiosity, scientific rigor and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of genome editing tools such as CRISPR-Cas9
- Experience with cell sorting
- Experience with co-culture models or 3D culture systems