Senior Vivarium Technician, Immunology & Pharmacology
The Position:Bolt Biotherapeutics has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated vivarium technician. This individual will be responsible for the hands-on daily upkeep of our small but growing facility and will contribute to our research programs by providing high quality animal care and husbandry, operational services, and assistance with study execution. The vivarium technician will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory standards across our multi-disciplinary research facility.
• Daily monitoring of animals, animal husbandry and collection of samples for routine animal health monitoring
• Daily maintenance and upkeep of vivarium facilities, equipment and all related records in accordance with IACUC regulations and company standard operating procedures
• Participate in the execution of in vivo efficacy and PK/PD studies by administering test articles, measuring tumor growth, and assisting with biospecimen (blood and tissue) collection
• Maintenance of a centralized database which inventories animals on a per-program basis and retains records for clinical observations and animal welfare
• Supervise and/or perform cage changing
• Participate in the generation and review of IACUC protocols and post-approval monitoring
• Order and receive animals and all vivarium-related suppliesThis is a research position that requires working in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals. Protective clothing, gloves and safety glasses are required while working in the lab. This position requires the ability to lift containers or instruments (up to 40 pounds) and work standing at a fume hood or lab bench for extended periods.
Job Requirements include:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with > 5 years of experience working with laboratory animals
• Extensive experience with animal husbandry and in drug administration, necropsy, and biospecimen collection
• Flexibility in work hours and willingness to work on weekends and holidays as necessary to ensure the maintenance of the facility and health and welfare of animals
• Experience with murine tumor models and cell culture is preferred, but not required
• Proficiency in computer programs for data management and visualization (e.g., Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism)
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.