Senior Scientist, Pharmacokinetic and Biochemical Assays
THE POSITION:We are seeking a talented Scientist to join the Immunology & Pharmacology Department reporting to the Director of Molecular and Cellular Biology. The primary responsibilities for this position will be development and execution of assays to investigate pharmacokinetic and in vitro biochemical properties of novel Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs). These assays will be used during discovery and throughout IND-enabling activities. The candidate will contribute to INDs and will have opportunities to broaden their area of expertise and influence to support departmental priorities. This is a research position that requires working in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals. Protective clothing, gloves and safety glasses are required while working in the lab. This position requires the ability to lift containers or instruments (up to 25 pounds) and work standing at a fume hood or lab bench for extended periods.
• Development, execution and interpretation of pharmacokinetic assays of novel immune stimulants
• In-house reagent generation and management of outsourced efforts to generate antibodies and proteins and other reagents
• Antibody characterization (affinity, specificity) using ELISAs and label free methods (e.g. SPR, BLI)
• Development and execution of biochemical and bioanalytical assays including LC-MS and affinity capture methods
• Excellent electronic recordkeeping, writing of technical reports to support IND filings
• Technical transfer of assays within Bolt and to external collaborators and CROs
ABOUT YOU:You are a highly intelligent, creative, and detail-oriented individual with deep expertise in pharmacokinetic assay development. You are a hard-working team player who enjoys seeing your results directly impact drug discovery and development. You are an excellent communicator (slides, written, verbal) with strong leadership skills.
• PhD in Cell Biology, Immunology, or related field with at least 8 years of experience in biologics drug discovery / development
• Expertise in PK and ADA assay design and development for biologics, preferably antibodies or ADCs using techniques such as ELISA, MSD and Gyrolab
• Solid understanding antibody biology, biochemistry and therapeutic concepts
• Experience with PK data analysis and interpretation in discovery and IND enabling settings
• Experience in cell biology, myeloid and/or cancer immunology is a plus
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.