Research Associate, Process Development
The Position:The Bolt Biotherapeutics CMC team is seeking a highly motivated candidate for Research Associate position in the Process Development group. This newly created position will report to the Upstream team lead while supporting Upstream, Downstream, and Bioconjugation functions in daily lab tasks and lab management. Responsibilities include (but not limited to): media/buffer prep, cell culture maintenance, bioreactor operations, and data analysis. In addition to lab support, candidates will assist in general lab management (consumables ordering, inventory, shipping/receiving logistics, etc).
About you:Flexibility and adaptability to quickly learn new lab techniques and concepts are desired. Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-sufficient workers with good troubleshooting and critical thinking skills are preferred. This role is well suited for an entry-level candidate interested in starting a career in the biopharmaceutical industry as they will have the unique opportunity to contribute to multiple functional areas.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific field, such as: chemical engineering, bioengineering, biology, or biochemistry with 1+ years’ experience in biotech. Position level will be commensurate with the final candidate’s experience.
• Experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques preferred
• Experience with stirred-tank bioreactors preferred
• Experience with media/buffer preparations preferred
• GLP/GMP experience a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required (Word, Excel, etc)
• Assist in maintaining accurate, timely lab notebooks
• Present data to the larger group and company at internal meetings
• Available for weekend shift work on-site in Redwood City
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.