Research Associate, Antibody Engineering
Summary:Bolt Biotherapeutics has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated molecular biologist to join our Antibody Engineering team, and to play a key role in the development of new targeted therapeutics for oncology. The successful candidate will work closely with other discovery researchers with diverse scientific expertise at our Redwood City location. The successful candidate will contribute to the design, expression, and purification of next generation antibody therapeutics for use in discovery research and preclinical studies. Experience with protein purification and molecular biology is required; experience with mammalian cell culture and transient transfection is highly desirable. Strong candidates will be able to pick up new techniques quickly, be independent thinkers with a passion for discovery, and possess a proven track record in protein purification and/or antibody engineering.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Purification and routine characterization of monoclonal antibodies for downstream use in cell-based assays and in vivo studies.
• Transient and/or stable expression of antibodies in mammalian cells.
• Carefully document, analyze and communicate high quality study data.
• Work in a team-oriented environment to troubleshoot and optimize the discovery and assessment of novel immunotherapeutics.
• Experience with purification of monoclonal antibodies, using AKTA equipment (Protein A/G purification, ion exchange chromatography and size exclusion chromatography). Familiarity with antibody characterization by HPLC, Mass Spec, SDS-PAGE, and ELISA is a plus.
• Experience with mammalian cell culture and transfection is preferred, though not required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
• Minimum of a BS/MS in molecular biology, protein biochemistry or related field.
• 2 years of experience in industry or in an academic research lab with a proven track record of success.
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.