Neuroscience Area Manager Specialty - Providence, RI
As a Neuroscience Area Manager, you will provide product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals about product efficacy and safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients. Maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and territory managed markets information. Working with your Regional business Manager and Area Director you will analyze sales and market trends to effectively identify business opportunities in your territory and develop and execute a territory specific business plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide customers with current and comprehensive product and disease state efficacy/safety information to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Daily activities include: one-on-one sales presentations to targeted health care professionals, arrangement of group selling programs; provide continuing education and value added services to a wide range of health care professionals; and analyze sales and market trends to effectively identify business opportunities.
- Implement account management strategies
- Execute sales force strategies and marketing plans effectively to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Review and analyze market data for developing and implementing business plans that focus on selling to targeted customer segments / business channels.
- Partner with internal and external constituents to maximize customer satisfaction and drive profitable growth and sales targets.
- Comply with all legal and regulatory compliance requirements established by Avanir.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- The ability to travel as needed depending upon geography (including overnights and/or weekends)
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical preferred
- Demonstrates a strong drive and passion for their work.
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate learning agility and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to learn and apply basic concepts in new situations.
- Initiative to seek out answers, solutions, and positive outcomes with a result-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability.
- Proven and documented track record of success in an environment requiring high initiative, drive, accountability and maintaining a high level of compliant performance.
- Ability to learn complex technical / scientific information and effectively communicate to a broad audience of health care professionals.
- Demonstrates the ability to cultivate new and existing relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- The ideal candidate should reside within assigned geography or within 25 miles of region boundaries.
This position primarily works out of a vehicle, office environment or facility. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the offices or facilities. Travel by vehicle plane and other means is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate and lead meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving vehicles, carts, and mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines). May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.