The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Production Technician I performs an integral role as part of the Production team at Bachem.This role is responsible for contributing to the safe and economic manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) products, such as peptide or related bioorganic compounds, as a member of a production team.As a Production Technician I, you will be producing APIs from gram to multiple kg scale. The majority of responsibilities will include routine synthetic organic synthesis, the operation of manufacturing equipment and keeping track of batch documentation according to cGMP regulations.
- Manufacturing of APIs by using solid/solution phase synthesis, cleavage, de-protection, and their purification
- Carry out the necessary preparative steps self-dependent according to directions and instructions given by supervisor
- Follow written procedures (SOP, BPR) and comply with cGMP guidelines
- Perform proper documentation following cGMP guidelines
- Adhere to manufacturing schedules and timelines
- Make safe, efficient, and conscious use of instruments, raw materials, products and other resources
- Ensure manufacturing and personnel safety and security in the workplace
- Propose and implement technical improvements
- Be a Team player and be highly flexible
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or a Science related field or
- High School Diploma with 1-2 years of college coursework with an emphasis in chemistry, or science related studies
- Capable of working methodically and accordingly adhering to rules and regulations
- Proficient with entering and/or recording information in written or electronic form according to GMP regulations
- Ability to read, understand, follow written procedures (SOPs & BPRs) and instructions provided by the immediate supervisor
- Flexibility and availability for shift work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively with the ability to function well in a team environment
- Flexibility of working hours based on business needs, may include some nights and occasional weekends
- Knowledgeable with production equipment used by the chemical industry
- Experience in manufacturing
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company, you should seize this opportunity.