Project Manager, Plasmid Business Unit
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The project manager is charged with delivering consistent project management within the
plasmid business unit, acting as the client internal advocate within Arranta Bio, representing
the voice of the client and ensuring effective cross-functional project and resource
The project manager will have a strong background in biologic drug substance development,
enabling them to credibly work with the client and department heads to drive programs through
the critical path of process development and GMP manufacturing. The project manager will
devise, integrate and execute high quality, cross-functional project plans which reflect the
specific goals of each program.
In collaboration with the client, internal functional leaders and scientific subject matter experts,
the project manager will integrate scientific and business priorities to drive effective delivery of
program deliverables. The project manager will be responsible for establishing effective
teamwork, executing upon the program strategy, providing project leadership and facilitating
effective and proactive information exchange, identifying and resolving/mitigating project
related risks and managing timelines and budgets. Additionally, the project manager will play
a critical role in the resource/financial management and forecasting of individual projects on an
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure client project activities, milestones and deliverables are planned and executed to a high standard
- Management of a portfolio of projects, ensuring a consistent approach by using approved templates and process flows.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to ensure development and execution of project plans, and alignment of project goals.
- Utilize tools and procedures for monitoring and driving project progress, intervention and problem solving within the project team and broader Arranta Bio organization.
- Develop and maintain clear full life-cycle project management plans for projects using standard tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) in consultation with project teams
- Track timelines and project metrics through the course of projects
- Work with department leads to ensure optimal capacity and project planning
- As the primary liaison between the project team and the client, facilitate client project meetings and communication throughout project lifecycle, according to define communication plans and contact matrices
- Facilitate communication across all project stakeholders and engage with a solution-oriented focus
- Facilitate meetings, producing timely minutes and follow up action items
- Manage the scope change related contract maintenance process according to standard template and business processes
- Maintain accurate tracking of revenue and billing associated with projects and pro-actively participate in routine tracking and review meetings
- Review and reconcile project budgets
- Identify lessons learned and lead close out meetings with the client and the project team, where appropriate, ensuring any lessons learned are implemented to improve time, scope, cost and customer satisfaction outcomes on subsequent projects.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset: proactively seek out, recommend and implement process improvements
Experience and Skills
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in a related discipline (science, business, etc.)
- 4+ years or equivalent related experience managing multi-disciplinary pharmaceutical development/manufacturing or CMC project teams
- Project Management Certification: PRINCE 2, PMP or equivalent is desirable, with working knowledge of associated methodologies and principles
- Good working knowledge of contract biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing services and the pharmaceutical and biotech industries
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Previous proven experience in a project management role
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office Excel, Word and Project
- Experience of ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc) desirable
- Commercial & financial acumen and ability to track costs/budgets/financial reporting relating to project execution
- Experience managing customers and associated skills
- Able to communicate and work with all levels of organizations, internally and externally
- Resourceful and able to make sound decisions using when facing ambiguity
- Proven flexibility adapting to a rapidly evolving workload
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel occasionally, drive a motor vehicle.
- Communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)