Associate Data Scientist II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns and build dashboards to assist the business.
- Be a part of a team tasked to build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms or tools for visualizing the data.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with business and data teams to delivery a clear message and tool for the business to navigate the data.
- Knowledge of SQL and understanding around R, SAS, and Python
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred
- General understanding of machine-learning
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.