Associate Product Director
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Allergan, a leader in women's healthcare, is seeking an Associate Product Director for their flagship oral contraceptive (OC) brand. In this role, the successful candidate would manage professional promotions, serving as a key contributing member of the Integrated brand team, and partner closely with the women’s health sales force, training team and market access team. Responsibilities would include developing and executing HCP strategy, leading a team of marketers responsible for creation of sales force tools engagement and communications, development and execution of sales training and meeting materials, and oversight of promotional material development and production. Additionally, financial responsibilities would include budget monitoring and reporting. As a pivotal member of the WH marketing team, the candidate would provide expertise to transform the market and play an integral role in the annual brand planning process including mining insights and development of cross functional campaigns and tactics. The candidate may also lead various other roles and strategies that ensure robust execution of these campaigns.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Market Development: Alter the physician / patient dialogue in a way that yields recognition of symptoms and informs HCPs of treatment options that transform their treatment algorithm
- HCP Promotion: Gain insights, develop concept and message platforms, develop key promotional pieces in collaboration with team members and identify key metrics to measure impact
- Serve on relevant cross functional teams.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- At least 7 years of brand management experience, including tenure in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience developing and executing HCP strategy
- At least 3-5 years tenure in pharmaceutical brand management.
- Experience in market development, pharmaceutical sales, direct launch experience or women's health is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced launch environment
- Alternate experience, relevant to the required skillset, will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree strongly preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.