Program Manager, International Compliance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The International OEC Program Manager will have oversight and management of the InternationalOEC programmatic framework that ensures the team of 60+ staff members are adequately supported and efficiently connected on all key priorities of the function. They will also have the responsibility to serve as the primary International OEC partner to global centralized functions that provide support to the business for interactions with International HCPs.
The International OEC Program Manager will own and perform the following responsibilities with limited supervision from the Compliance Director, HQ International OEC:
- Organize and manage all content development and deliverables for Int’l HQ OEC. This includes being the reviewer, editor, author and/or creator of templates or original material. They will ensure all contributors have met their tasks and ensure that all expectations have been achieved
- Design and own the Int’l OEC Team communication network and channels including email and multiple SharePoint/Intranet sites to ensure all Int’l OEC team members receive the same information in a timely and efficient manner
- Address/Triage/Resolve requests of Int’l OEC HQ by being the central point of contact for all staff and other inquiries. Navigates programmatic requirements independently and knows when to involve or update the Director and Int’l Ethics and Compliance Officer (ECO) on progress
- Support Affiliate Internal Audit Management and Quarterly Monitoring Reviews by working directly with Int’l ECO and Senior Leadership to arrange and conclude successful remediation of findings and observations
- Become the strategic OEC partner to global centralized functions that support the business regarding interactions with Int’l HCPs including Central Consultancy Group, Business Services Group, Global Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, and Global Training in collaboration with other OEC teams, as applicable
- Identify trends and new approaches to continuously improve the International OEC program
- Be a leader of the International OEC organization that positively represents and embodies the collective reputation of the International OEC organization as a whole
- BA/BS required. Masters, JD, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ program management experience for business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs, and/or finance
- Minimum 2-4 years compliance leadership experience and working knowledge of international compliance regulations
- Proven project management skills for complex and large-scale initiatives working both cross functionally and in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and cross functional partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Forward thinking in use of technology and data
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly were indicated, Prioritization skills a must
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.