Sr. Talent Sourcer, Global Search Team
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The AbbVie Senior Talent Sourcer will be responsible for developing innovative attraction and talent sourcing strategies to identify and build long-term relationships with prospects that will enable AbbVie to close current or anticipated capability gaps, build/deepen executive and leadership succession pipelines as well as talent pipelines for key areas of the Commercial business.
Driven by a deep knowledge of the AbbVie culture and business drivers, and the biopharmaceutical industry, its competitors and overall market conditions, you will proactively partner with Business HR, Talent Management, Recruiting Leads, and senior business leaders to understand AbbVie’s long-term workforce and hiring needs and develop robust, forward-thinking candidate pipelines through creative and innovative sourcing strategies and methodologies. You will act as an advisor, using market analysis and industry research to inform sourcing strategies that enable future capability building, and influence stakeholders to act proactively regarding their current/future talent mix and talent market availability.
Ideally, you will have a background in executive search, preferably in the biopharmaceutical industry, with a history of developing differentiated sourcing strategies in extremely competitive markets. You are charismatic and possess a strong ability to influence and guide internal stakeholders in a consultative way, while building deep, long-term relationships with passive talent.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing comprehension of long-term business needs globally, enabling pipeline building ahead of talent gaps/vacancies.
- Ensuring persistence to continually uncover and engage new talent in extremely competitive and challenging markets.
- Keeping abreast of latest and innovative technologies; leveraging digital tools and pioneering methods to find and engage talent in novels ways that differentiates AbbVie from our competitors.
- Collecting and sharing market intelligence, implications, and recommendations directly with business leaders and HR team members.
- Developing deep expertise and seeking continuous learning in focus area, with ability to understand and speak in great detail about designated specialty. Candidates ask, "do you work on that (business) team?"
- Providing updates and reporting progress and impact to stakeholders globally.
- Respectfully and confidently challenging stakeholders at all levels (up to VP level) through data and influential communication skills.
- Earning long-term trust and respect of internal stakeholders and candidates.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum 5 years professional recruitment/sourcing, contingent and/or retained search experience.
- Experienced professional with demonstrated success in the art of candidate engagement, data mining and state of the art sourcing methodology and strategies.
- Experience in utilizing innovative searching techniques to develop talent mapping/name generation, beyond LinkedIn.
- Strong experience in successful screening, initial contact, prescreening, and in-depth interviewing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with business, and self-awareness to identify circumstances where pivoting and managing change is needed.
- Team player, flexible, high integrity, strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Demonstrates a consistent track record of delivering results, often in the face of challenges or obstacles.
- Shows an entrepreneurial spirit and a high level of pro-activeness to drive performance. High performer in environments with much autonomy.
- Experience sourcing/recruiting in the biopharmaceutical industry, especially in Commercial functions.
- Global or international experience.
- Prior retained search experience.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.