DPS Clinical Research Asst II
Manages an assigned set of multiple research protocols to assure efficiency and regulatory compliance of the protocol, attending clinic as needed. Responsible for compilation, registration and submission of data; monitors study compliance and maintains a system for effective data flow associated with research protocols. Has proven to function independently and proficiently as defined in the position accountabilities. Preferred Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) certification.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conducts protocol management for an assigned set of multiple research protocols.
- Maintains current and accurate protocol documentation; notifies investigators of pertinent protocol changes.
- Ensures that patients are appropriately registered; maintains documentation of patient registration.
- Compiles and submits data on appropriate forms according to protocol requirements.
- Ensures protocol compliance with intense monitoring of specific study requirements; and schedules protocol related treatment and tests.
- Plays active role in recruitment of patients to study.
- Helps to train and mentor new clinical research staff members.
- Performs protocol specific clinical duties as required per the research study.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Collects and delivers specimens for analysis, using appropriate or specified equipment for collecting and handling specimens; ensures proper labeling and obtains pertinent clinical and protocol information on request forms; develops and maintains knowledge of various aspects of processing specimens, paying particular attention to safety practices.
- Works with physician or nurse to see that protocol related tests and evaluations are ordered per protocol guidelines.
- Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problem areas to supervisor.
- Works on special data management projects as assigned.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensures work environment is organized and functions efficiently.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Is able to function independently with no quality control audits beside one yearly audit.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Associate's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- One year experience working in a health care setting, preferably in research. Must have a minimum of 6 months experience/training as a CRA I at the City of Hope.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Medical Record, Health Information Systems, or related health field
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.