Research Associate, Early Discovery, Protein and RNA Sciences
About Mantra Bio:
At Mantra Bio, we seek to eliminate disease-related suffering to enhance the well-being of all. We believe that the key to creating cures is targeted, tissue-specific delivery of therapeutics for dramatically increased efficacy and reduced toxicity. To achieve this, our team of biologists, data scientists, and platform engineers have created REVEALTM, a targeted cargo delivery platform that harnesses exosomes, the body's natural cellular transport system, to create highly tunable exosome therapeutics for some of the most devastating diseases. The foundation of our success is our truly interdisciplinary team of experts who work collaboratively to use the power of data science to fuel and accelerate our wet-lab successes. As a team, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Collaboration and consider our human-centric culture to be our most important asset. We are proud to count 8VC, Viking, Illumina, Allen & Company and TenCent among our investors. Mantra Bio operates out of a newly constructed facility in South San Francisco.
About the role:
Mantra Bio is seeking a driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented research associate to join our Protein and RNA Sciences Team. You will directly support our Scientists and Senior Scientists in executing critical experiments to discover novel exosome therapeutic candidates. You will independently design and run in vitro experiments under the direction of these Scientists, including cell-based assays and other in vitro experiments to validate the functionality of our exosome therapeutic candidates. Prior hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, aseptic technique, PCR, experiment design and execution are required.
- Collaboratively design and independently execute cell and exosome-based assays to evaluate various dimensions of EV production, modification and delivery.
- Maintenance and transfection of mammalian cell cultures.
- RNA isolation and analysis.
- Production, purification and characterization of exosomes in a variety of established assay formats.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Maintaining detailed lab notebooks, online databases, and raw data files associated with your work.
- Able to collaboratively design and independently execute well controlled experiments.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture required.
- Experience independently troubleshooting experiments is strongly preferred.
- Experience in RNA isolation, characterization & quantification strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and running protein detection & characterization techniques such as western blotting and ELISA strongly preferred.
- Experience with flow cytometry strongly preferred.
- Experience in molecular cloning techniques preferred.
- Comfortable collaborating with data scientists and software engineers.
Mantra Bio’s Culture:
At Mantra Bio, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Collaboration. We take pride in being a human centric, collaborative work place that brings wildly intelligent and business savvy Top Talents together to build the next revolution in targeted drug delivery. We believe that a great team makes a successful company and we trust each team member to do what’s best for the organization. We believe that a culture of feedback in an environment of empathy and respect is essential to cultivating curiosity and learning, leading to personal growth and the growth of our organization. Most importantly, we love handing out Kudos, being creative and celebrating our success together. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Meaningful stock option grants
- Flexible PTO and year-end shutdown
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Growth-oriented professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen