Site Supervisor for Animal Facilities
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Mispro Biotech Services is seeking a Site Supervisor for its South San Francisco location. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring daily operation maintenance of the site animal facilities, supervision of animal care staff, and ensuring appropriate animal care to various laboratory animal species in accordance with all institutional, local, and federal regulations.
Major Accountabilities & Essential Functions:
- Responsible for daily supervisory oversight, performance, and behaviors of Animal Care and Cage Wash Technician staff performing routine husbandry tasks (daily checks, animal receipt, cage changes, cage wash, sanitation, etc.) of the vivarium (predominantly rodent).
- Responsible for providing and ensuring optimal vivarium service support to the MISPRO Site Operations in vivo research community.
- Responsible for coordination & documentation of preventative maintenance of the vivarium physical plant.
- Responsible for compliance with all institutional (IACUC, QA), governmental (City of Cambridge, City of New York, City of South Francisco, PHS, USDA) and accrediting (AAALACi) protocols & policies.
- Responsible for management & reporting of site budgetary matters (supplies, daily census, charge-backs).
- Assume responsibility for maintaining & assuring positive client relations in terms of day-to-day support for science.
- Work closely in support of Business & Site Development Teams to develop & expand local site operations, commission new facilities, and identify/on-board new clients.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be available to support weekend, holiday and after-hour operational responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Qualifying Candidate Profile
- 8-12 years (inclusive of 2-5 years prior management/leadership experience is highly desirable) specifically in lab animal facilities.
- Experienced knowledge in lab animal facility operations, technical work, and lab animal equipment and supplies.
- Ability to effectively follow and display verbal and written instructions
- Ability to display interpersonal skills that are favorable to effective communication across the organization.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with coworkers, research staff, managers, and leadership.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Office.
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 or 4 year degree in basic science, animal science or veterinary science is required.
- MA, MS, MBA, or other advanced decree in related scientific/business management field highly
- Generous employer-paid portion for medial & dental for employee and dependent coverage
- Employer matching 401K plan
- Generous time off: vacation, holidays, personal days, and floating holidays
- Sick time
- Other benefits offered include vision, group and voluntary life/AD&D, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital indemnity plans; MetLife Law, and Identify Theft Protection; Commuter benefits through Wage Works; FSA – Medical and Dependent care coverage
- Tuition and reimbursement
- Annual incentive/bonus program