Warehouse Technician I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Warehouse Technician position is responsible for managing daily activities related to the storing, handling and shipping of all finished goods for domestic and international shipments, and serves as a point of contact for delivery drivers picking up outbound shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
· Minimum of 2 years shipping/logistics related experience in a warehouse or shipping environment.
· Knowledge of basic inventory control procedures and computerized shipping/inventory systems required. Experience shipping via UPS and/ or Fed-Ex is required.
· International export shipping experience highly desirable.
· Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Experience in an FDA regulated medical device company desired.
· SAP experience a plus.
· High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalence Certificate required.
· Certified Forklift preferred.
· Must have a valid drivers’ license with the ability to operate a vehicle in order to support the operational needs of the department.
· Able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and work independently.
· Communicates clearly and concisely with his/her supervisor on inventory, and material status issues which need resolution.
· Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on the team, as well as cross-functionally within Allergan.
· Demonstrated flexibility/adaptability in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
· Fill out time sheets and all other required paperwork accurately and on time.
· Keep employee information and training files updated at all times.
· Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ALLERGAN complies.
· Must be available to work overtime as requested by the supervisor. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to business needs.
Language and Verbal Skills:
· Must have strong communication skills, manage multiple tasks, and work well under pressure and strict time constraints
· Individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including phone communications and the individual must demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate clearly and professionally when presenting information both verbally and in writing when responding to questions.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
· Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions. Ability to define inventory & shipping problems, collect data, establish facts, draw a valid conclusion and report on findings
The employee is regularly required to lift and carry 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, bend, turn, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; manipulate keys on a keyboard for data entry on a daily basis and talk or hear up to 10 hours per day.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, and withstand long periods of time on the warehouse floor, and tolerates elevated temperatures, including outdoors, dust, and noise levels occasionally.
Most work is performed in a typical warehouse environment, which can get noisy. Environment includes, but is not limited to, power lift equipment, conveyors, and additional warehouse equipment. Employee is required to operate a personal computer, photocopy machine, facsimile machine, calculator, telephone, etc. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.