AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Operations Coordinator, Customer Logistics’ primary responsibility is to manage all facets of transportation for the U.S. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of delivering AbbVie products to U.S. affiliate customers and AbbVie patients within the U.S. region while meeting or exceeding all service requirements, quality and regulatory standards, and operational objectives.
• Manage relationship with transportation providers. Will be responsible for conflict/exception management as well as tracking, trending, and reporting transportation providers performance against key performance indicators.
• Participate and contribute to Monthly Transportation Management Review meetings. • Partner with Purchasing and Supplier Management to lead RFPs across all applicable modes of transport (parcel, LTL and FTL).
• Lead freight optimization projects centered on driving savings and efficiencies within the U.S. network.
• Developing transportation solutions supporting new product and/or new lane introductions.
• Develop and execute risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
• Serve as a lead member of the AbbVie Weather team. As a member of the team, the manager will be responsible for assessing the potential risk adverse weather events pose to assurance of supply and developing strategies to mitigate risk to AbbVie and it’s patients.
• Participate and contribute to monthly business reviews with Commercial Supply Chain and Demand Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics.
- A minimum of 3-5 year experience managing third party transportation providers, with at least 3 years direct experience management parcel carriers.
- A minimum of 3-5 year experience in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance.
- Excellent interpersonal, team, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to learn fast and change course quickly where indicated.
Significant Work Activities
Awkward/forceful/repetitive motions (arms above shoulders, bent wrists, etc.)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.