AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manufacturing Operator III
Perform production line duties required to meet production goals while complying with quality standards and safety requirements. Operate production equipment and complete documentation in accordance with cGMPs and department SOP’s while monitoring product to ensure quality standards are maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Assist Allergan in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies.
• Perform all assigned duties according to departmental SOP’, Work Instructions, DHR’s and cGMP’s.
• Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department.
• Perform tasks in the production / packaging of product to provide on-time delivery to customers.
• Complete all required documentation associated with the production and / or packaging of product.
• Performs electro-mechanical assembly of final products, sub-assemblies, and related medical device products by following released procedures
• Employs high standards of workmanship to ensure high quality products are produced on schedule. Typically works on assignments under the guidance of a senior assembler or lead.
• Makes recommendations for improvement of production methods and product design issues
• Performs in-process inspection to ensure products meet specifications and standards.
• Must be able to read and understand assembly instructions, production orders, Bills of Materials, Standard Operation Procedures, and all other documentation used to control the products and processes.
• Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding assembly procedures.
• Effective and efficient operation of manual and automated production equipment and will assist in device troubleshooting.
• Will provide support to project teams whose objectives may be: quality improvement, cost reduction, cycle time reduction, reliability improvement, increased operational efficiency, or new product introduction.
• Fills out time sheets and all other required paperwork accurately and on time.
• May be cross trained to other product lines as needed.
• Will assist with new product validations and work instruction evaluation builds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school degree or equivalent.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience is required.
• Previous experience in the medical device field and GMP regulated environment is preferred.
• Strong mechanical skills needed for equipment builds and repairs.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
• Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft
Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
• Physically able to lift up 25 pounds.
• Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
• Ability to use, clean, and store tools and other devices required for the performance of the job in a manner which prevents damage to the tools and / or equipment.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.