Finance Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The primary objective of this position is to provide financial leadership for both the Plan and LRP planning processes. This position is responsible for providing financial analysis, recommendations, and decision-making support. This position is responsible for developing and implementing processes and procedures to facilitate accurate and timely consolidation of the Annual Plan and 10 Year LRP. In addition, this role is responsible for helping drive ASPIRE implementation into current financial processes
- Prepare and lead US Commercial’s 5 business units plus Support Orgs in budgeting for Plan and LRP in alignment with Global and Corporate requirements for P&L, Headcount, Capital, and Balance Sheet
- Interact and support business units to ensure alignment on planning assumptions and submission timelines.
- Prepare thoughtful analysis to aid Sr. Management in understanding underlying changes in the business vs. previous Planning benchmark.
- Prepare and distribute Plan and LRP review books to US Commercial Senior Management.
- Responsible for delegating and coaching staff to ensure an optimal level of support for the business units. Additionally, will provide coaching and career development opportunities to sustain a high performing staff
- Ensuring business units have appropriate tools to load appropriate systems for planning
- Position is responsible for LRP Consolidation of ~$40Bn in Net Sales and $30Bn in Division margin
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- 7-10 years progressive accounting or finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrates problem solving and analysis
- Ability to solve business problems through the proactive identification of issues
- Preferred: MBA in Accounting and/or CPA
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.