Engineering Technician II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Engineering Technician II
The purpose of this role is to support mechanical commissioning activities and be a leader in technology implementation in the Global Facilities Management organization that is responsible for AbbVie facility projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Generates commissioning documentation packages, based on project specifications and commissioning protocols. Review and approve commissioning documents using cGMP knowledge and understanding. Archive completed documents in appropriate repository for future reference. Support commissioning field activities under guidance of commissioning technicians.
- Supports Global Facilities and Facility Engineering organizations with technology initiatives by mastering, teaching, and supporting colleagues with platforms such as MS Teams, Office 365, SharePoint, Maximo, and Meridian.
- Coordinates and leads organizational initiatives to consistently deliver results and to plan appropriately for support of others withing AbbVie.
- Works independently, prioritizes workload and communicates frequently with stakeholders
- Builds relationships; initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues and stakeholders by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
- Conveys information effectively through verbal, written and presentations using appropriate communication avenues.
- High School/GED required, Technical school completion/technical experience preferred, College degree a plus.
- Can interpret and possesses basic understanding of building, facility, and mechanical system drawings
- Possesses working knowledge of cGMP documentation requirements related to role. Requires careful attention to detail.
- Proficient with Meridian preferred, AutoCAD basics would be a plus.
- Demonstrates computer literacy across multiple systems.
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibits organization skills and positive interactions with colleagues. Interacts well with diverse groups and maintains strong working relationships. Able to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Grade: 7
Job Grades are determined by the country in which the payroll is based.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Organization: Operations-Central Services | Hiring Manager: Stacy Spracklin
Schedule: Full-time | Shift: Day
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.