Global HEOR Strategy Head, Neuroscience, Eye Care, and General Medicine
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Primary Job Function:
The Global HEOR Strategy Head for Neuroscience, Eye Care, and General Medicine oversees global HEOR strategies and resource prioritization, and for the implementation of the strategies by scientifically rigorous design, execution, management, and timely delivery of projects to support regulatory approval, labeling, publications, market access, pricing, and reimbursement for AbbVie products.
The Global HEOR Strategy Head for Neuroscience, Eye Care, and General Medicine serves as the HEOR asset lead on cross-functional teams to ensure HEOR strategic plans reflect input of key stakeholders and are aligned with clinical, medical, RWE and market access plans. This leader will develop reimbursement and outcomes planning priorities, strategies and plans in collaboration with leaders of business unit, geographies, clinical research, regulatory affairs, product development, sales and marketing. The role will establish and implement strategies to demonstrate economic value of therapies and integrate these strategies into product development process.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee Global HEOR TA strategies and plans for Neuroscience, Eye Care, and General Medicine that encompass innovative research across all pillars of HEOR [COEs & Geography] and IEPs
- Accountable for delivering overall Functional Research Plan
- Accountable for executing HEOR research studies that align with strategy
- Ensures cross- functional alignment & awareness of all HEOR research ensuring cross-functional stakeholders have full understanding of HEOR contribution to business.
- Effectively partner with internal stakeholders (HEOR TA teams, Medical Access, Medical Account Management, Market Access, MUs, Global teams, etc.) at strategic and tactical levels to generate and disseminate robust HEOR findings in support of a broad set of stakeholders including payers. Closely partner with Medical Access team to shape, enable and drive payer-centricity in all HEOR research and activities supporting pipeline.
- Leads Strategy team and represents HEOR at above brand leadership initiatives and meetings (e.g., global value frameworks initiatives, boards).
- Integral core member of teams that are part of pipeline commercial model (PCM) and 1-7-5 process/GBTs & IBTs/IESTs
- Ensures alignment & awareness of all HEOR research across countries & product life cycle
- Ensuring HEOR research executed aligns with global TA strategy and the IEST/IEP priorities
- Encourages and enables creative and innovative research methods and data sources for efficiency and impact.
- Deliver business results and meet aggressive commitments to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Deliver on financial and any other KPIs.
- Balance short-term and long-term priorities.
- Develop intimate knowledge about the market and customer needs. Navigate complex compliance and regulatory environments. Stay current with industry trends and development.
- HEOR Talent Development – Attract and develop top HEOR talent. Provide training, coaching and feedback to HEOR team members to help them reach their potential and achieve top performance.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of HEOR function through leadership of functional initiatives and change management. Role model leadership behaviors to promote desired culture.
- Initiate, maintain, and tactfully influence relationships with various medical and non-medical stakeholders.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Doctoral Degree: Economics, Public Health, Psychology or any other related field with 12-15 years of relevant experience, preferred. MD or PharmD, with a Masters or Doctorate in Economics, Public Health, Psychology or any other related field with at least 15 years of relevant experience
- 12-15 years of clinical development or post-marketing experience in the pharmaceutical industry is desired. CRO, academic or other health-related consulting company experience with expert knowledge in a relevant therapeutic specialty will be considered.
- Substantial experience engaging or partnering with external organizations (e.g., universities, value assessors, regulatory agencies, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- The Head must perform at times in previously uncharted territory with few, if any, established guidelines or procedures. At other times, exceedingly complex governmental rules and regulations must be followed. For problems surrounded by complex rules and regulations, the Head/VP must be able to direct compliance knowledgeably and expeditiously.
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment. Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Interact successfully with senior management globally (Executive staff, Area VPs, GMs etc.) and act as the HEOR champion and spokesperson
- The Head/VP must be able to develop creative and effective solutions to inter- and intra-project priority conflicts, resource constraints and other problems which may impact project or group goals and deliverables across multiple programs.
- Experience leading complex products and/or clinical development in support of pipeline development and on-market product support. The Head/VP must be self-motivated and have a strong desire to see projects achieve commercial success. Head/VP should have extensive knowledge of the global regulatory, HTA and PR landscape, as well as understanding of other development-related functions as they relate to all phases of drug development.
- Skills to perform the dual roles of leading multiple TAs and managing scientific personnel in clinical research. VP should have the ability to motivate and foster team cross functional collaboration.
- Extensive knowledge of Int’l & US marketplace & demonstrated HEOR leadership
- Travel – Position requires up to 25% travel
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.