Associate Director, Translational Science
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
- Lead and manage a team of translational scientists supporting clinical stage programs and biomarker discovery for late-stage Discovery programs
- Provide and oversee biomarker analyses using a deep biological understanding of mechanisms of action and cancer biology to support clinical-stage programs
- Lead and support biomarker discovery efforts for late-stage Discovery programs and provide strategic vision to discovery of pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers
- Work closely with Clinical Development Teams to implement and interpret data from established and novel biomarker analyses in clinical samples
- Establish and oversee relationships with external analytical labs, CROs and vendors to support biomarker discovery and implementation in the clinic
- Lead and oversee drafting and amendment of biomarker-related sections in clinical study-related and regulatory documents (such as clinical protocols, ICFs, INDs, IBs, clinical study reports) as well as publications (external presentations, manuscripts)
- Oversee and manage clinical biomarker scientist leading clinical biomarker sample management efforts specific to biomarker sample collections, analyses, data transfers, and reporting are performed in accordance to the study protocol and in compliance with regulatory requirements
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and lead interpretation of pathway biomarker data in clinical and preclinical samples from targeted (including flow cytometry, qPCR, ELISA, IHC) and untargeted (proteomic, metabolomics and transcriptomic) techniques
- The successful candidate will lead and manage a team of translational scientists who extensively work on critical evaluation of both pre-clinical and clinical findings to validate and identify novel biomarkers, potential indications, and patient stratification strategies for our pipeline programs
- Working with, setting up, and/or managing collaborations and regulatory document amendments in support of clinical programs
- Interact closely with bioinformatics team to evaluate external databases and data analysis to support development of novel hypotheses from existing preclinical and clinical data
- Establish connections with a network of CROs to support translational work within a collaborative multidisciplinary environment
- Present and mentor scientists to present results and interpretation to scientific, company and leadership teams in the company
- PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology (or a related discipline) with 3 to 5+ years industry experience in the field of translational science. Experience in cancer biology, oncology biomarkers or related field with demonstrable value-building achievements
- Experience in performing and critically analyzing and interpreting clinical data from different transcriptomic and proteomic techniques
- Ability to manage a team of scientists and work collaboratively in a highly dynamic environment
- Flexible and with prior experience is managing junior scientists
- Proven track-record of achievement, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals, authorship of patents, and internal and/or external scientific presentations
- Proven ability to work in the teams, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and resolve issues
- Possess a high level of critical scientific thinking, motivation, and a strong desire to learn new concepts and methods
- Ability to balance execution of tasks required to accomplish goals while creating an environment of scientific curiosity and open exchange of ideas
- Display good attitude to team members, the drive to innovate and think creatively with courage, integrity and respect
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.