Director of Business Development – Remote – U.S. – Boston, MA
We are currently seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team. As part of the field sales team, the Director of Business Development will sell contract development and manufacturing services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the sterile therapeutics sector. Selling is garnered by building relationships with customers and providing expertise and exceptional customer service to accounts.
This will be a U.S. remote role, with preferred locations in the Boston, MA.
- Works along with the Sr. Director, Business Development to establish sales strategies and build customer relationships.
- Develops relationships with clients to understand key applications and generate customer driven product requirements.
- Achieves or exceeds sales goals and objectives by actively selling to clients in the field. Frequent travel will be required to visit customers in person. Develop a working knowledge of current and potential activities that may affect revenues. Utilize pre-call planning for increased effectiveness.
- Maintains contact with existing customers as well as develops new customers in order to achieve or exceed sales objectives.
- Calls upon clients to develop new sales and travel throughout territory.
- Presents sales presentations for internal and external customers.
- Develops proposals on prospective opportunities with minimal edits
- Assists the VP of Sales with product trending and industry/market trending and may routinely gather account and client information.
- Interfaces with quality systems and manufacturing and quality management personnel on issues related to products in the field.
- Utilizes the CRM database to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness and aid sales.
- Stays current on developments within the industry. Attends tradeshows.
- Utilizes technical expertise and expanding customer relationships to identify areas of improvement and new product opportunities.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Directs and provides expert knowledge in the strategic function of Sales Department.
- Leads with impact & influence. Establishes credibility, effectively persuades and develops others, and achieves important objectives collaboratively.
- Champions Aji Bio-Pharma’s culture and empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicates organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.