Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates.
- As a member of the Facilities team, you will be working with an interactive, multi-disciplinary team to develop, implement, and successfully manage the various Environmental Health and Safety programs.
- Provide EHS support to, and collaborates with, employees within the organization, with a focus on engagement through compliance, OSHA and continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop, modify, implement, and maintain EHS policies and procedures to achieve compliance and improve EHS performance.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in the preparation of material for hearings and insurance investigations.
- Manage company training needs and develop & maintain processes to ensure compliance.
- Act as an agent of positive change to build an effective EHS culture through accountability, processes, and training.
- Submit EHS regulatory permits/reports and maintaining compliance with OSHA, state and other applicable regs.
- Evaluate the impact of new or changed regulations, standards, and policies on operations initiate and oversee updates to EHS policies, programs and procedures in proactive manner.
- Conduct root cause investigations and analysis to improve and eliminate EHS hazards.
- Support business as company liaison to external regulatory agencies for any environmental health and safety areas.
- Manages EHS initiatives for the Sarasota and Boca Raton locations.
- BS in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety or other science related field.
- 7+ years of EHS experience and previous experience managing an EHS program within biopharmaceutical and/or chemical research environments.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to expert level administrative knowledge of MS Office applications; proven ability to leverage digital technology and resources.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and timelines, organize/track information, prioritize accordingly.
- Proven track record in the implementation of EHS systems and programs including training and experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, biosafety, chemical safety, hazardous waste, risk management, workers' compensation, ergonomics, lab safety, and industrial hygiene programs.
- Consistently demonstrates initiative, self-motivated with strong performance orientation. Effectively work independently and as a collaborative, results-oriented team member.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work in areas where hazards may exist.
- Ability to travel up to Boca Raton location 15% of the time.