Director, Immunology Insights and Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Director, Marketing Insights and Analytics (Cross Franchise) (Grade 21)
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The role of Cross-Franchise Insights and Analytics Director within U.S. Commercial, AbbVie is to develop and execute an integrated Insights and Analytics plan in support of the strategic plans and tactical investments that drive the components of the Immunology and Oncology Cross-Franchise team
The creation of this role will elevate the responsibility of a critical component of this ongoing business transformation. It requires a leader with demonstrated business acumen to understand the development and application of insight and analytic research along with the ability to interface with key business partners including Finance/Forecasting, MHC and Brand Marketing to bring forward a cohesive and understandable vision of how this area is and will be performing.
In addition to leading and expanding an understanding of current Immunology Cross Franchise investments, this role will also expand into emerging areas of marketing that will include predictive analytics/machine learning, Value Based Engagement labeling and evolving competitive areas around copay, accumulators and maximizers.
- Drive strategic plan development and tactical plan execution by ensuring that motivating insights are identified by the Immunology and Oncology XFranchise teams and executed by both the XFranchise and franchise teams.
- Understand market research design and implications for the therapeutic area and identify sound approaches to research based on the hypotheses and situational constraints.
- Interprets research findings and synthesize them into actionable business insights.
- Lead the market research and analytics team in a manner that ensures the team advances the business, guiding the brand strategy and plan: with insights and leading analytic techniques and capabilities across consumer/patient, physician, brand, payor and channel.
- Lead the development of state-of-the-art models that meet key business criteria (e.g. cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g. reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Align data capabilities required for advanced analytics needs including the integration of patient and physician level data with X-Franchise data (copay, patient level, marketing program) in order to measure long term impact of digital and CRM experiences (patient and physician).
- Identify and articulate fact-based spending and pricing principles through detailed analysis of marketplace and consumer dynamics.
- Strong visualization and storytelling skills.
- Collaborating and influencing integrated brand team members through all facets of the business process, and communicating /influencing/presenting to senior management.
- Strong understanding of the broad healthcare environment and specific therapeutic areas to identify and proactively address opportunities and threats.
- Significantly increase the productivity of Abbvie and CA&O partner resources through effective use of external suppliers and contractors aligned with key Abbvie efficiency objectives.
- Working closely with MABI (Market Analytics and Business Insights) leadership team guiding biosimilar strategy development and analysis, lead primary market research plan creation, execution and insight-sharing with biosimilar marketing team
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
Direct Reports: 3-6
Contractors: As needed (additional 3-6 on and off shore headcount)
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Advanced Degree Preferred (Business, Statistics, Economics, Psychology, Sociology or Engineering) with emphasis in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis.
- Requires 10-15 years of experience in insights (qualitative and quantitative methods) and analytics (analysis of sales and marketing information and the use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies).
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
- Intimate knowledge of the marketing, sales, and logistics planning processes, advanced quantitative expertise, systems understanding, and the ability to develop and use specialized analytic techniques within a business setting.
- Demonstrated project management skills are also required.
Reports to Director, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights
Budget responsibility: $2MM-$5MM
Focus (Scope): 60% Strategic/40% Tactical
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.