AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manage the plant Indirect Procurement function to assure services and non BOM related supplies are available to meet production needs, and ensure these functions are performed within financial and regulatory guidelines. Lead formulation and timely execution of strategic supply initiatives across multiple commodities. Lead collaboration between internal stakeholders, suppliers, plant and administrative personnel for product life cycle, equipment life cycle, cost reduction, and new product development.
This position is responsible for the following:
• Managing all Indirect procurement functions, policies, and programs of the Waco manufacturing facility.
• Assists with the develops departmental policies to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
• Ensures proper Indirect services and non BOM related supplies and services to support plant production, customer service, quality, and financial goals.
• Solicits and considers supplier proposals. Selects primary suppliers through competitive bid processes and comprehensive evaluation of supplier capabilities and quality systems. Negotiates and awards supplier contracts.
• Develops and maintains strong supplier relationships.
• Develops and administers the annual service/indirect cost budget
• Develops and maintains supplier scorecards to ensure comprehensive support of the manufacturing facility.
• Heightens strategic importance of the procurement function through communication, teamwork, integrity, ethics and supplier negotiations.
• Establishes and implements procurement strategies to resolve immediate and long-term problems affecting Waco operations. Duties performed involve many factors to be evaluated and weighed, requiring a high degree of analytical ability, judgment and decision making.
Minimum requirements for this position are:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Seven (7) years of Procurement experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in management role.
- Experience in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Project. Expert knowledge of MRP systems logic and functionality.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of cGMP’s and FDA regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge of, or certification in (green belt, black belt, master black belt) Lean Six-sigma preferred.
- Knowledge of Procurement management operations and purchasing procedures sufficient enough to support activities of the Waco manufacturing facility.
- Subject matter expert regarding contract negotiations and contract terms and conditions.
- Possesses skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to integrate organizational priorities, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices sufficient to delegate responsibility and assignments to staff.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.