Associate Technical Product Owner, PRM Platform
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie US Commercial Patient Services Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization is looking for a Associate Technical Product Owner to be part of the Solutions management team within Technology Services and Architecture function to assist on the solution features, prioritization, sprint planning, user experience design, and work with product owner, IT functional leads, IT care model leads, business function leads, architecture & engineering teams to implement the patient services solutions across Access & Reimbursement, Patient Outreach, Marketing and Tele-Experience functions within the Patient Relationship Management (PRM) platform built on Salesforce Health Cloud.
This position will be responsible for supporting the execution of the brand strategy through various data, integration, and technology projects. Understand the business requirements and translate that into user stories to deliver the solution that meets the business objectives and user needs. This position will be responsible for owning the user stories, user experience mock-ups, business process and workflows, etc. to deliver desired business outcomes. He/she will stay on top of technology trends and perform the required technical research and due diligence when necessary, to recommend the use of new technology capabilities in partnership with solutions architecture team.
This position will be responsible for planning and overseeing the implementation of multiple projects withing PRM platform from ideation to completion. This position will report to Technical Product Owner for PRM Platform and will partner with BTS strategy and planning team, BTS function leads, care model operations team, business functional leads, solutions engineering and architecture teams to deliver the best-in-class Patient Relationship Management platform for US Patient Services organization across all brands.
This position will work closely with a team of business systems analysts, UX engineer and partner with solutions engineering & architecture teams, digital marketing hub team to: Define the functional requirements of new and existing systems. Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new systems, and enhancements to existing systems. Determine ways of leveraging existing systems for new requirements.
- Applies relevant principles to support projects and ongoing activities.
- Completes tasks which support a project or functional team.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals.
- Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by product owner and business lead.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work. Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability.
- Conducts systems training for the end users.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations.
- Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements and user stories.
- Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions.
- Analyzes business processes and needs and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs.
- Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff.
- Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff.
- Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution.
- Facilitate the relationship with the end users and business & BTS functional leads, bringing the voice and priorities of the business & users to the forefront.
- Provide inputs to define the solution roadmap, translate business requirements into solution features, maintain healthy solutions backlog, prioritize the features, and deliver the technical solution by partnering with product owner, functional lead, solutions architecture, engineering, and operations team.
- Partners with data governance team to obtain appropriate approvals for data collection and usage.
- Act as the liaison between the technology solutions team and the business stakeholders.
- Create stories to develop or enhance solution features in alignment with the business requirements and groom to high quality with appropriate acceptance criteria and KPIs to measure the outcomes.
- Act as a subject matter expert in Commercial domain for PRM applications
- Act as the voice of the customer to the engineering team, prioritize the user stories in the sprint backlog and provide necessary inputs for development and delivery of features to production.
- Responsible to demonstrate the features to business leads before releasing to production.
- Lead the demo sessions with business partners to ensure solution meets the feature needs.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Work with Product Owner and business leads to define high level requirements and acceptance criteria for all enhancements to the user, agent and patient experience.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing specification documents as well as documenting complex business processes.
- Manage systems and/or data integration projects spanning multiple vendors and platforms with experience in handling project timelines, tracking deliverables and milestones while utilizing Agile Framework, providing status communications and setting expectations of multiple teams involved in project delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience..
- 5+ years of experience as Business Systems Analyst and/or Agile Product Owner, with experience working in Agile software development team.
- Proven experience in managing the sprint backlog, writing user stories, implementation, reviewing the solution features through demo, and measuring the features through KPIs/metrics.
- Proven experience in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process, and project issues.
- Experience in leading brainstorming / ideation sessions and translating the output of these sessions into solution features.
- Experience in Salesforce.com or any CRM platform is preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Proven experience in agile delivery model (Scrum / Kanban)
- Proven experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience in using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.