Associate Scientist II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The In Vivo Tumor Biology team in Lake County is seeking a tumor biologist to support discovery and development of innovative cancer therapeutics, both small molecule and biologics.
Position will be hired based on level of education and experience.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in physiology, pharmacology, molecular biology or any related field of biology
- 2+(BS) or 0+(MS) years of experience
- Proven expertise with the design and execution of studies regarding efficacy of cancer drugs in mouse models is required
- Ability to establish new xenograft models and explore molecular disease targets and mechanisms of drug action by performing supporting assays (e.g. 3D assays, tissue culture, FACS, Immunoassays, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with drug administration via SC, PO, IP, IM and IV routes
- Familiarity with data analysis, presentation, management, and statistical software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Study Director, JMP) is essential
- Understanding of optical imaging approaches in vivo and familiarity with instrumentation (e.g. IVIS instrument) is preferred
- Knowledge of PK/PD related to protein therapy, protein analytical methods and tumor models in vitro is an advantage
- The willingness to work with a multidisciplinary team of researchers is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
Key Leadership Competencies
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.