Thought Leader Liaison, Hematology - Midwest
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Thought Leader Liaison, Hematology will report to the Director, Thought Leader Liaisons, within the Marketing Team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Agile and Accountable:
- Develop, implement and maintain accountability for interactions and feedback with national oncology external experts (physician and nurse thought leaders (TLs)) across the US.
Decide, Smart, and Sure:
- Manage component of the Speaker’s Bureau, both in programs, analyzing metrics, and most importantly, training speakers for the programs.
- Engage in congress related engagement activities nationally, including supporting and measuring any ongoing TL strategies and tactics
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed
Make Possibilities Real:
- Must continually identify and develop TL’s, to consistently build our TL base for the franchise and the brands.
- Partnering with brand marketing and Director, TLL’s to develop, refine, execute and measurement of the AbbVie US Oncology External Expert Engagement strategy including National and Regional Advisory boards
Create strategies with cross-functional partners
Partner with marketing to create and then implement regional tactical plans
All for One AbbVie (and Partner):
- Create a seamless regional communication plan with product collaboration partners to assure a coordinated approach to collaboration product-specific thought leader requests, including coordination of speaker programs and consultancy availability to marketing and field representatives.
- Depending on geography and targets, travel may be up to 80% of the time.
- Position can be remotely based. Needs to be able to work effectively while engaged in travel and deliver timely results.
- Partner with internal cross functional partners including, and not limited to, sales, marketing, medical affairs, legal, compliance, and, managed care
Clear and Courageous:
- Must be able to build and foster collaboration with commercialization partner, Genentech.
- Participate as needed in cross-functional or other project teams and/or supporting the Marketing Team and overall franchise
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Health care certification/qualification (e.g. RN, RPh, other) is preferred
- Previous extensive hematology / oncology experience required with demonstrated experience in academic settings
- At least 2 years' previous direct experience with hematology thought leaders (physician and nurse) with demonstrated access to academic and key institutions
- Ability to provide at least 5 external expert recommendations
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal, collaboration and data discussion skill sets
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative and /or quantitative goals
- Proven & thorough knowledge of commercial issues associated with highly competitive hematology / oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required up to 50% of the time
- 5 or more years' work experience required in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, specifically in hematology and oncology
- A minimum of 2 years' previous field management experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Healthcare degree(RN, PA, NP, PharmD)
- Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Chicago and Pittsburgh
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.