Technical Support Specialist-Engineering & Materials Management
Provides administrative and some technical support for the Engineering and Materials Management departments in a cGMP compliant manufacturing facility.
- Assists Facility personnel with routine facility activities including scheduling of maintenance and calibration, tracking work orders, monitoring the equipment alarm system, updating access control system, coordinating environmental health and safety inspections, and escorting service providers.
- Assists Validation personnel with routine activities including scheduling of equipment testing, compiling documentation and routing of internal documents and reports.
- Assists Materials personnel with routine activities including updating files, routing internal documentation, following up on orders and distributing nonGMP supplies.
- Maintains documentation files in accordance with cGMP expectations.
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinates the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office and lunchroom supplies.
- Provides on call monitoring for equipment alarms when necessary.
- Helps maintain office and lunchroom cleanliness, including the monthly cleaning of refrigerators.
- Picks up and distributes mail daily. Delivers and picks up interoffice mail between corporate and lab. Receives or sends out messenger/courier items.
- Assists with clerical duties such as word processing, photocopying, faxing, filing and occasional administrative assistance for the Chief Technology Officer.
Skills and Experience
- Several years of relevant experience and/or training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Experience with office equipment including computers, printers and copiers.
- Able to work effectively and independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments in a team environment.
- Strong personal attributes including personal accountability, good work ethic, sound judgment, eagerness to learn and continuously improve, and a dedication to quality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Some college is beneficial.
- A valid California Drivers License is required.
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling; walking and physical movements; reaching at and above shoulder height; lifting and carrying under normal working conditions from all levels.
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the Job. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job which may include other duties as assumed or assigned.